Sunday, March 9, 2008

Apparently it stinks to be two years old

So Olivia was playing with Rebecca's purse and I suggested to Rebecca that she might not want to let Olivia do that considering Olivia is likely to dump all the money out of it and probably tear it up into pieces. So Rebecca took it away and Olivia cried.

Olivia : "Where's my purse?"
Me: "You don't have a purse with money like Rebecca because Rebecca is 6 and you're 2."
Olivia : (Screaming at me in her best 2-year-old-defiant voice) "I'm not 2!"
Me: "Yes, you are. I know -- I was there when you were born."
Olivia: "No!! I'm not 2! You're 2!!"

So instead of turning 35 last week, I guess I turned 2. Or at least I did in her little world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How funny! I wish my girls had been that articulate at 2yo. Soleil barely said any words we could understand let alone convey such complex thought processes (she HAD them but just couldn't communicate them).

Maybe she can have her own "big girl purse" with some real change in it if she isn't a choking risk?

-Melissa