Friday, February 22, 2008

Coupons after the holidays


There were a TON of coupon inserts in the papers after New Year's. I picked up one copy of the newspaper to see if there were any good ones and ended up going back to the store for more newspapers a few hours later. I think I ended up buying 6 newspapers that weekend! One of the best coupons in the paper that weekend was $2.25 off Electrasol dishwashing detergent. I had planned to wait until they went on sale at Kroger for $2.99 but I stumbled on a great deal at Target (while I was shopping for baby wipes!) that I couldn't pass up. They had an end cap display with the boxes of Electrasol on sale for 3/$8. That's about $2.67 each!! I've NEVER seen them that cheap before. Luckily I had my coupons with me (sometimes I just take the ones I know I'm going to use to the store) and was able to get 5 boxes for an out of pocket cost of only $2.05.

No comments: